Background

Saturday, June 4, 2011

I cherish the right to be ridiculous.

wanna see a magic trick?
Embrace the inner dork.
That's one thing I've had to learn. 

I still tend to be too hard on myself. It's so easy to dwell on the negative qualities. The bad habits. The thingsIwishIsaid's and the thingsIwishIhadn't's. But that's life.

Just think: out of 53 muscles of facial expression, 12 are required to smile. The zygomatic major/minor muscles, orbicularis occuli (especially for those of us who smile with our eyes!), risorius, levator labii superior, and levator anguli oris. On the contrary, it takes only 11 to frown. Why?

1. I think it takes a stronger person to laugh at themselves. There's physical proof here! (Yay, anatomy classes!) Sitting and pouting and feeling sorry for oneself can be all too easy. 2. God also created us to be imperfect. I believe that every day is a bit of a workout -- an opportunity to learn something new, become stronger... but some days we can only fall flat on our faces. So darling, just laugh.

I challenge ye: Be goofy on purpose!

So on those off days, remember that you reserve the right to be imperfect. And you reserve the right to love yourself and love the life you're living... quirks, whims and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment